Friday, May 8, 2009

An Endearing picture of my pouchy belly.

Ky gave me my Mother's Day present early and I love love love it!! Yes, 3 "loves" it's that cute. It's a book she made at preschool. Here's a snipit:

Who can guess which one is "Mommy"? Anyone at all? That's right, I'm the one pregnant with twins! Sadly there are no twins let alone a single baby in there. That my friends, is what we like to affectionately refer to as a "Pouchy Belly".

My mom always said, "the women in our family have pretty, long, legs and
pouchy bellies, which are better for carrying babies in." As though they were somehow better than the non-pouchy tummys of the world. Either way I believed her and I too cheerfully pass along this wives tale to my innocent children. And, so Kyanne draws her mommys pouchy tumkin with family pride. We also have big feet, but I can't seem to come up with one good lie as to why it's ideal to have big honkin feet.

3 comments:

Ammo and Josh said...

HYSTERICAL!!!! OMG I laughed so hard! You have to submit this to parenting magazines. Too cute

Mimi said...

Love this post!!! My family of all girls was "blessed" with tree trunk calves and no chest to speak of. It's kind of endearing because we are all in the same boat. The pouchy belly goes without saying post child bearing. Love the interpretational drawing. My daughter asks me all the time if I have another baby in my tummy. It's lovely!!

Keeping Up With The Joneses said...

Your feet could come in handy if you need to win a race "by a toe"! HA!