Monday, January 26, 2009

Is that Chocolate or Poop??

It was about two days ago when I ran up the stairs just in time to see Bridgey slam the bedroom door shut on Fin's tiny head. As I grabbed the baby to console her and her wounded noggin, I caught glimpse of the brown deposits along the carpet.

The scene from Baby Mama flashed across my brain, "Is that chocolate or poop?"

Sadly it turned out to be the latter. Poop that had been happily strean about and then smeared into the carpet when the door was hastily pushed across it. When I walked in Bridgey smiled proudly and said, "Look mom, I cleaning up." And, there I saw a pile of Fin's clothes being used to smashed more poo into the already sad looking carpet. I couldn't help but find some humor in Bridgey's proud smile, so after I snapped some pictures I took to antibacterlizing the carpet and scrubbing.

After all was said and I done, I let the kids know I was a break, and retreated to the bathroom, where I slid across the floor in a yellow puddle. Bridgey strikes again!

8 comments:

Susie said...

I hope you treat yourself to some delicious chocolate tonight! You deserve that and more.

The Young Ones said...

I just love you. You make me laugh. I wish I could be so witty and open about my "experiences" as such. I admire you and you do deserve a glass of fine wine. I do not know about chocolate for awhile. hehe -Tonya

MEG said...

I LOVE IT! It is reality, Claire has taken a liking to saying "my byself" and when she poops in the potty we cannot be there or help her wipe, it's a pleasure! Gotta Love suprises

Chelsey said...

I love this post. Lately Cade has decided that he would like to remove his underwear, sit on the carpet, and poop! Then he also likes to "clean" it up before I notice (because he knows how much trouble he is in)! I am glad I am not the only one scrubbing poop out of the carpet!

houseofhud said...

Where's the pictures?!?!?

Dorienne said...

Ah, man. Too bad it wasn't chocolate.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Oh my! That sounds like quite the scene! You are a good Mom to find humor in that!

Keeping Up With The Joneses said...

Steph I laugh that you referenced Baby Mama, but I'm totally dissappointed that you didn't taste it to find out, "what if that had been poop!" lol So funny.