Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Super Mom", take a hike already!



What to do when Chocolate won't fix it?

Due to Fin I'm short on sleep, the kids have contracted cabin fever along with every other fever floating around calgary, my house looks like a battle zone and my desperate attempts for order are seeming dismal and sad. At my breaking point last week Jess suggested hiring help. It was like the magic of an epidural all over again. A housekeeper, what would that be like? Heaven, mixed with a little bit of guilt, but I'm guessing more Heaven, than guilt.


Really, I know it's silly to feel guilty, or bad about not measuring up to the 'super mom' that nags in the back of my mind. Where did she come from anyways? In the cartoons there's only the little angel and devil that sit on your shoulders, there's no minature idealistic mom demanding perfection from good intending mothers.

Either way, I'm going to do my best to ignore 'super mom', who from here on out will be referred to as 'stupid mom'. The housekeeper comes for the first time on Tuesday. I know I'm the kind of woman that will be tempted to clean top to bottom the morning before she comes, but I'll try to resist that as well. In fact, that temptation comes from 'stupid mom' as well. To all the other guilt ridden women out there, relinquish 'stupid mom'! Send her on a permanent Hiatus. And, be thankful to just be you: a great woman because she does her best and chooses to be happy with that!

No comments: