Thursday, May 31, 2007

Evidence.



"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most." -Hope Floats

The Toddler. How can I love this age and dread it at the same time. Some days I think this is the fun-est and funniest age so far, and other days I count how many weeks until she turns four. I don't know if four is without floppy banana tantrums, or hysterics at bedtime, but the hope gets me through some days.

There's probably not a week that goes by that I'm not stopped by some nastolgic parent
feeling the need to warn me, "Enjoy them, they grow up so quickly." This makes me think it
must be a struggle for every parent to appreciate every moment, and yet this doesn't quiet
the ache I feel for the moments I have missed. It makes me sad to think of how many times
Ky has turned my head towards her and said, "Talk to me, mom." She only says this when I've
ignored her initial attempts of engaging my attention.


I guess it's just about trying harder to put down the wash rag, let that email reply wait and
enjoy the magic of these sweet little spirits.

No comments: